Coaches Needed for Jr. Flag Football
Fair Oaks Recreation and Park District is accepting applications for dedicated Volunteer Coaches and referee’s to assist with our Jr. NFL Flag Football Program. As a coach, you will be responsible for teaching kids not only the game of football but also sportsmanship, teamwork, equality and the fun of playing organized sports! Players are divided into teams based on age and skill level.
We are looking for coaches for the following age levels: 5-7 years, 8-10 years, and 11-14 years.
As a referee, you will be responsible for ensuring the rules of the game are followed and the gameplay is fair for all of those involved.
You must be able to understand the rule book and be able to make snap judgments and be confident in your calls. You will be tested at times by the players and coaches and you should be able to explain your call and stand behind your rulings. You need to work well with the other referees and be able to relate well with the players.
Head coaches will receive a free registration for one child. One assistant coach per team will receive half off of registration for their child.
Training will be provided for these volunteer positions and no previous coaching experience is required. However, basic knowledge of football is required.
Coaches and referees must be able to:
- Endure light to moderate physical activity, exposure to heat and inclement weather.
- Lift or carry 20 lbs.
- Hearing and speech adequate to communicate in person and over the phone.
- Vision adequate to monitor children and read the fine print.
- Be able to comprehend the rules of football and understand the complexity of the game.
- All coaches and referees will be required to pass a live scan fingerprinting and background check.
- Volunteers must be willing to commit to coaching the full season.