Fair Oaks Chicken Festival
Saturday, September 16, 2023
12:00PM-6:00PM | Fair Oaks Park (11549 Fair Oaks Blvd.)
Join the Fair Oaks Recreation & Park District for the 18th Annual Fair Oaks Chicken Festival.
- Chicken Stock (live music)
- Rocky’s Roost (kids' park)
- Feed Court (food trucks) presented by SactoMoFo
- Watering Hole (beer & wine sales) presented by Fair Oaks Rotary Foundation
- Craft and Community Vendor Booths
- Cornhole Tournament presented by Fair Oaks Chamber of Commerce & Orangevale Cornhole CCA
- Cluck n' Crow Contest presented by Kiwanis Club Orangevale - Fair Oaks
- GREAT Chicken Decorating Contest
- Community Spirit, and much more!
Please note: No outside ice chests, coolers, outside alcoholic beverages, or weapons of any kind will be allowed inside the festival area. All people and bags will be checked upon entry.
No pets will be permitted at the event, with the exception of service animals.
Do you require reasonable accommodations or have ADA accessibility needs? Please email email@example.com no later than September 1, 2023 to request a reasonable accommodation for this event. ADA Parking will be available first come, first served at the event.
About the Event
Fair Oaks Park - 11549 Fair Oaks Blvd., Fair Oaks, CA 95628
Event Parking - Free
General Event Parking | ADA Parking
- Fair Oaks Park (11549 Fair Oaks Blvd.)
- Overflow Parking at Fair Oaks Church
- Carpooling is HIGHLY recommended - parking will FILL very quickly
Bike Valet - Free
Presented by California eBikes
Ride Share / Uber
Submit this form to get information on a $3-Off Uber Voucher (limited quantities available)
Please note: No outside ice chests, coolers, outside alcoholic beverages, or weapons of any kind will be allowed inside the festival area. No pets / animals except for service animals will be allowed in the event area. All people and bags will be checked upon entry.
Chicken Stock (Live Music)
Put on your dancing shoes and shake your tail feather at this year’s Chicken Stock!
- 12:00pm – 2:30pm - Group Therapy
- 3:00pm – 3:15pm – Cluck n' Crow Contest
- 3:30pm – 6:00pm - The Cougar Adams Band
Performance selection for the 2023 Fair Oaks Chicken Festival is closed. Subscribe to our Entertainers list to be notified when band submissions will be taken. Subscribe by clicking here
Rocky's Roost (Kid's Activities)
Come out and play! Fun for kids of all ages and family-friendly vendors for the adults!
- Time: 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Rocky's Free Community Kid's Zone
- Activity Booths & Carnival Games presented by Community Groups / Businesses
- Kid's Park Performance Stage presented by SP Music Folsom
- Mad Science Activity Area presented by Mad Science Sacramento Valley
- Petting Zoo presented by Shadow Glen Riding Stables
- WOW Bus presented by SVP Kids Sacramento
- Coloring Wall
- All New! Rocky's Adventure Zone (Pay-to-Play Attractions & Inflatables presented by Inflatable Adventures)
- Unlimited Inflatables & Rides Wristband: $25
- $2 individual tickets, 5 tickets per ride | 1 ticket per inflatable
- Unlimited Inflatables & Rides Wristband: $25
- Additional Fees (pay vendor directly): Face Painting | Airbrush Tattoos | Kid Businesses & Kid-Friendly Vendors
- Lines cut off at 5:30 pm.
- Click here to view a list of rides and inflatables
Watering Hole (Beer & Wine)
Presented by the Fair Oaks Rotary Foundation
$7 Craft Beer | $7 Wine | Bundle & Save - 3 for $20
All New! Skip the lines and pre-purchase your drink tickets! Pre-order here!
Feed Court (Food & Drink)
Come hungry & thirsty! SactoMofo will host the feed court! Choose from a variety of the hottest and trendiest food trucks in Sacramento!
- Time: 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Food Truck Vendor List:
- Allen BBQ
- Bangin' Bowls
- Cafe a la Mode
- California Street Tacos
- Cousins Maine Lobster
- Daisy's Desserts
- Drewskis Hot Chicken
- Gameday Grill
- Jojo's Hawaiian Fried Chicken
- Kado's Asian Grill
- Nash & Proper
- Smokin' Ewe BBQ
- The Fry Boys
- Yolanda's Tacos & Tamales
Enjoy shopping and gathering information from dozens of craft, company, and non-profit vendors. Vendor spaces are full.
For a list of vendors that will be at the event click here
Come to the 18th Annual Fair Oaks Chicken Festival in style with premium shirts and hats created by PS Apparel!
Premium T-Shirts: $20 presale | $25 day of
Event Hats: $25 presale | $35 day of
Presale pricing deadline August 31 at 5pm
Pre-Sale merchandise will be available for pick up September 13-15 from 9AM-5PM at the Fair Oaks Recreation & Park District Office (4150 Temescal St.)
Great Chicken Contest
Traditional or unique, make your chicken the GREATEST in town. Each entry will receive one bare wooden chicken to decorate.
New! Attendees will vote for the winners of the contest LIVE at the event! Winners will be announced at 4:30PM! The winner will receive a gift basket and entry into next year's contest.
$20 Entry | Register Here
Two divisions: Adult (13+) or Child (12 and under)
Cluck n' Crow Contest
Cock-a-doodle-do! Strut on over to the 9th Annual Cluck N’ Crow Contest presented by the Kiwanis Club of Orangevale – Fair Oaks. Watch grown adults cluck, crow, strut, and peck as they compete to be crowned the 2022 Fair Oaks Chicken Festival Cluck n’ Crow Champion!
- Time: 3:00 pm
Do you have what it takes to be named the 2023 Fair Oaks Chicken Festival Cluck n’ Crow Champion? Strut your stuff on stage at the 9th Annual "Cluck N’ Crow" contest. $100 Amazon Gift Card to the top performer. The contest is limited to 10 participants. Pre-registration is REQUIRED. No sign-ups will be taken on the day of the event. Must be 10 years or older to participate.
Join us for an exciting cornhole tournament at the Festival! There will be social and competitive brackets plus a long toss competition to accommodate all skill levels and multiple chances to play and have tons of fun guaranteed!
- Bring your own partner & bring your own bags!
- Check-In starts at 11:30 am
- Tournament starts at 12:30 pm
Registration Details | 1 Player: $25 | Teams of 2: $50
Pre-register to secure your team spot!
**Walk-up registration will also be accepted the day of the tournament.
Each September the Fair Oaks Recreation & Park District draws over 10,000 people to attend the annual Fair Oaks Recreation & Park District! With the aid of sponsorships and partnerships, this exciting event fills the park with great music, fabulous food & drinks, vendors, kid’s activities, contests, and community spirit.
Thank you to our 2023 Sponsors
2023 Sponsorship Opportunities
Interested in sponsoring?
Email Sabrina Bernardo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
First 100 attendees will receive a FREE Chicken Festival Promo Bag!
Saturday, September 16th, 2023 | 7:30AM-10:00AM | Fair Oaks/Orangevale Grange #354 5807 Walnut Ave, Orangevale 95662
Feeling hungry? Start your Chicken Festival day off right with a delicious pancake breakfast!
- Regular Breakfast: Adults $7 | Children (ages 8 and under) $4
- Comes with: scrambled eggs, sausage patties, and blueberry pancakes
- Hearty Breakfast: Adults $9
- Comes with: Regular breakfast PLUS biscuits & gravy
*ALL breakfasts include coffee, tea, milk, or orange juice
- The MuVment Studio - 8:30am
- Bella Vista Jr. Broncos Cheer - 9:00am
- Premiere School of Dance - 9:30am
We Can't Do It Without You!
We need dedicated members of the community like you to help make this event possible. There are a number of different opportunities available. Sign Up to Volunteer Below!
- Where is the Fair Oaks Chicken Festival happening this year?
- The main festivities will be held at Fair Oaks Park (11549 Fair Oaks Blvd) from 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm. General admission is free!
- Why is the event happening at Fair Oaks Park and not in the Village?
- The 2023 Fair Oaks Chicken Festival will take place in Fair Oaks Park as the Village undergoes renovations.
- Where should I park?
- Parking will be available at Fair Oaks Park & Fair Oaks Church (0.2 miles). Check out the event map for full details. Please remember to park safely, legally, and respect the residents in neighboring areas!
- Can I bring my pets / dogs this year?
No, unfortunately there are no pets allowed within the event space. Only service animals will be allowed.
- Will there be an ATM available?
- Yes! An ATM will be available at the event in front of the McMillan Center Building, as well as an ATM across the street at Safe Credit Union.
- Can I bring my own drinks/coolers?
- No outside coolers, ice chests, or outside alcoholic beverages will be allowed in the event area.
- Where can I view the schedule of events?
- View the schedule and full event details in the online event guide below! (starting September 1, 2023)
- How much does it cost to attend the festival?
- General admission and parking is free! Certain activities have a fee attached: Kids Park Adventure Zone, Cornhole Tournament, Feed Court, Watering Hole, Vendors, etc.
- What bands will be playing?
- Group Therapy & The Cougar Adams Band will be hitting the Chicken Stock Main Stage!
- Where can I purchase merchandise?
- Purchase Chicken Festival shirts, hat, and other local merchandise at the event from PS Apparel.
- Are you still accepting vendors?
- Applications close July 19, 2023. See Vendor tab above for more information.
- What attractions will be at the Kid’s Park and what are the fees?
- Live music, kid's activities, and carnival games are free! There will also be pay-to-play attractions and inflatables presented by Inflatable Adventures for a fee.
- How do I sign up for the Corn Hole tournament?
- Register online for the Corn Hole Tournament starting July 2023.
- Will there be food trucks?
- The event will feature several food trucks provided by SactoMofo. View the Festival Festivities tab for what food trucks will be there.
- How do I sign up for the Cluck n’ Crow contest?
- Can I design a great chicken for the great chicken contest?
- Yes! Registration for the GREAT Chicken Contest opens August 1, 2023
- How do I volunteer?
- Sign up to volunteer starting July 2023. Join our volunteer subscription list.
- How do I become a sponsor?
- Be a part of this incredible event! Contact Sabrina Bernardo at email@example.com for information on becoming a sponsor.
The Fair Oaks Chicken Festival is a celebration of our rural history and present village atmosphere. The Village of Fair Oaks, settled around 1895, was home to orange and citrus groves as well as olive orchards and assorted farm animals and, without a doubt, chickens were among them.
Today the Fair Oaks chickens enjoy the freedom and hospitality of the village they call home. They, along with their human counterparts, attend the Thursday night summer Concerts in the Park series and can be found crowing their appreciation for a good performance at Comedy Under the Stars. They gather in front of the local pub and other village businesses and even drop in for a bite with diners on the patio of one of Sacramento County’s better-known restaurants. They have been the subject of television and radio stories as well as local newspaper and magazine articles. In short, they are a part of our history and lore and love ‘em or curse ‘em they are a very real part of everyday life in the village they call home.
Future of the Chicken Festival
The 2023 Fair Oaks Chicken Festivals will take place in Fair Oaks Park as the Village undergoes renovations.