FORPD's COVID-19 Response
The Fair Oaks Recreation and Park District values your health and well-being. Here is what we are doing as we navigate through COVID-19:
Modifications Due to Most Recent Public Health Order:
In response to the most recent Public Health Order going into effect May 1st, 2020, and the lightening of restrictions issued by Sacramento County on April 20th, 2020, the following amenities will be opened to the public beginning Wednesday, May 20th, 2020:
- Phoenix Park Dog Park
- Miller Park tennis courts and disc golf course
- All park gates will be opened throughout the 20th and will be opened each morning. At this time, personal hygiene and disinfecting is the responsibility of individual users. Social distancing remains mandatory. Keep yourselves safe and healthy!
- All park restrooms will be opened throughout the 20th and will be opened each morning. Restrooms will be sanitized once each day. Please remember to take all necessary precautions when using shared spaces.
- Due to reductions in staffing, the gates, amenities, and restrooms may not all be opened by 7 am. We will do our best to open everything as soon as possible.
Closures & Cancellations Until Further Notice Are as Follows:
- Due to the uncertainty of the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, the remainder of 2020 community special events have been cancelled until further notice.
- In coordination with local and state health officials regarding COVID-19, the Fair Oaks Recreation & Park District has made the determination to suspend ALL classes, programs, and indoor/outdoor rentals until further notice.
- If you have a rental reservation or a program registration that is scheduled to occur between March 14th and May 30th, you will be contacted by a District staff member to discuss your options. We do ask that you stay patient and allow time for staff to contact you.
- Picnic areas, basketball courts, outdoor stages, playgrounds, and exercise areas.
- The Fair Oaks Preschool & outdoor play area at the preschool.
- District Administration Office and all indoor facilities.
- In response to the reduction in restrictions by Sacramento County beginning May 20th, the District is examining the possibility of resuming some approved outdoor recreational opportunities and programs. Please check back often for additional information.
- We strongly encourage communication with staff via email and/or phone as staff will be working remotely and responding to calls and emails. Contacts can also be found on our website. The decision to suspend activities is a part of the District’s effort to reduce public interaction and limit the spread of COVID-19.
- We are encouraging our staff, volunteers, and guests who are either ill or think they may be ill to stay home and seek medical care.
- We are closely following recommendations from the CDC; for more information, go to the CDC web page here.
- The current situation of COVID-19 continues to evolve and the District will continue to monitor and follow mandates set forth by local and state health officials. There is potential for the suspension of activities, classes, programs, and indoor/outdoor rentals to extend beyond May 30. To stay up to date on District closures we ask that you revisit this page and/or follow us on social media.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in helping the District limit the spread of COVID-19 throughout the community.
Updated 5/20/2020 at 9:30am
PROGRAM REFUND/TRANSFER REQUESTS
To submit an online refund/transfer request, please click here.