FORPD's COVID-19 Response
The Fair Oaks Recreation & Park District values your health and well-being. Here is what we are doing as we navigate through COVID-19.
Updated Guidance for Use of Face Coverings
Important news for the public
On June 18th, the California Department of Public Health issued new guidance for the use of facial coverings by the general public when outside the home. All residents of California must now wear face coverings in specific high-risk situations outlined in the new guidance. Click here for the full release.
We kindly ask the members of our community to carefully read this document to understand when and where face coverings are required, including the situations in which certain individuals may be exempt from wearing face coverings. The document also provides important information on what face coverings are, how to properly use and care for them, and how they help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
The District is reviewing the updated guidance to ensure full compliance at our facilities and during our programs as we move forward in the phase of reopening.
Updated Phased Reopening plan
On June 12th, Sacramento County issued a new public health order in response to the California Department of Public Health’s most recent guidance on reopening for counties.
As a result, the District will be reintroducing approved recreational programs in a phased manner and with necessary modifications according to official guidelines, in order to continue to protect public health and reduce the spread of COVID-19 in the community. We are currently allowed to reopen the following programs to the public with social distancing and other requirements:
- Childcare/Daycare – Camp Fair Oaks CFO Childcare, CFO Tiny Turtles Childcare, and For the Love of Art Childcare
- Day Camps – Can include outdoor sports, recreational, and other instructional camps as they become available
- Organizations will be able to rent outdoor park facilities for their camps on a case-by-case basis and must adhere to safe practice requirements outlined in our permit.
- Virtual Learning – Includes instructor-led meetings online as they become available
For more information on the classes and programs we are offering at this time, please visit our “Current Happenings” page.
Status of Parks & Facilities
- Phoenix Park Dog Park
- Miller Park Tennis Courts and Disc Golf Course
- All Parks
- Park gates and restrooms will be opened each morning. At this time, personal hygiene and disinfecting is the responsibility of individual users. Social distancing remains mandatory. Keep yourselves safe and healthy!
- Restrooms will be sanitized once each day. Please remember to take all necessary precautions when using shared spaces.
- Due to reductions in staffing, the gates, amenities, and restrooms may not all be opened by 7am. We will do our best to open everything as soon as possible.
- CFO Childcare (McMillan Center/Fair Oaks Park), CFO Tiny Turtles Childcare (Fair Oaks Preschool), CFO For the Love of Art Childcare (Arts & Crafts Building)
- Basketball Courts
- Amphitheater/Outdoor Stages
- Skate Park
- Picnic Areas & BBQs
- Exercise Areas
- Fair Oaks Preschool Outdoor Play Area - District childcare use only
- Indoor District Facilities – District-approved program use only
- Baseball/Softball/Multipurpose Facilities – District-approved program use only
- District Administration Office – essential Administrative staff only
*State and county guidance for outdoor recreation continues to affirm that playgrounds should remain closed. When they determine it is safe for playgrounds to reopen, we will inform the community. We appreciate your continued diligence in helping prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Status of Recreation Programs
Program & Rental Suspensions
In coordination with county and state health officials regarding COVID-19, the Fair Oaks Recreation & Park District continues to suspend ALL indoor rentals, classes, and youth/adult sports leagues until further notice. While we do have permission to begin phasing back in a select number of District programs (limited right now to childcare & camps), we are not in a position to lift our general suspension of activities at this time. Resumption of all District rental and recreational opportunities and programs will take place on a case-by-case basis under the official guidance of the county’s reopening plan.
- If you have a rental reservation or a program registration that is scheduled to occur between March 14th and June 30th, you will be contacted by a District staff member to discuss your options. We do ask that you stay patient and allow time for staff to contact you.
Due to the uncertainty of the COVID-19 outbreak, the remainder of our annual 2020 community special events have been cancelled until further notice. Events are being re-imagined and will be released as restrictions ease or details are finalized.
How We Are Moving Forward
We are closely following official guidelines and health recommendations from the Sacramento County Department of Health Services, California Department of Public Health, and the CDC. Our procedures for reopening as a District are set forth by the county’s own roadmap for recovery, information about which can be found here.
We strongly encourage communication with staff via email and/or phone as staff will be working remotely and responding to calls and emails. Contacts can also be found on our website. The decision to suspend activities is a part of the District’s effort to reduce public interaction and limit the spread of COVID-19.
- All members of the public who are either ill or think they may be ill are requested to stay home and seek medical care.
- Staff and volunteers who have symptoms of COVID-19 or have recently had a close contact with a person with COVID-19 are required to stay home and will be required to be tested for COVID-19 before returning to work.
- The current situation of COVID-19 continues to evolve and the District will continue to monitor and follow mandates set forth by local and state health officials. There is potential for the suspension of activities, classes, programs, and indoor/outdoor rentals to extend beyond June 30th. To stay up to date on District closures we ask that you revisit this page and/or follow us on social media.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in helping the District limit the spread of COVID-19 throughout the community.
PROGRAM REFUND/TRANSFER REQUESTS
To submit an online refund/transfer request, please click here.
Updated 6/18/2020 at 4:00pm