FORPD's COVID-19 Response
The Fair Oaks Recreation and Park District values your health and well-being. Here is what we are doing as we navigate through COVID-19:
Due to the unforeseen circumstances of the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, the following events have been canceled:
- Breakfast with the Bunny (April 8)
- Easter Eggstravaganza (April 11)
- Kids Art Festival (April 25)
- Vernal Pools Guided Tour
- Big Day of Service Orangevale and Fair Oaks has made the decision to postpone It’s My Park Day + Big Day of Service until further notice.
- In coordination with local and state health officials regarding COVID-19, the Fair Oaks Recreation & Park District has made the determination to suspend ALL classes, programs, and indoor/outdoor rentals through the end of April.
- All playground areas will be closed until further notice.
- The tennis courts, disc golf course, softball and Little League fields, basketball courts, dog park, skate park, and exercise areas will be closed until further notice.
- The District Office and facilities will be closed to the public until further notice; we strongly encourage communication with staff via email and/or phone as staff will be working remotely and responding to calls and emails. Contacts can also be found on our website. The decision to suspend activities is a part of the District’s effort to reduce public interaction and limit the spread of COVID-19.
- Additionally, due to staffing constraints and shelter-in-place orders, public restrooms will remain closed until further notice. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding during this time.
- We are closely following recommendations from the CDC; for more information, go to the CDC web page here.
- The Fair Oaks Preschool will remain closed until Friday, May 1st, 2020, as we follow the San Juan Unified School District’s calendar, including closures.
- If you have a rental reservation or a program registration that is scheduled to occur between March 14th and April 30th, you will be contacted by a District staff member to discuss your options. We do ask that you stay patient and allow time for staff to contact you.
We are encouraging our staff, volunteers, and guests who are either ill or think they may be ill to stay home and seek medical care.
The current situation of COVID-19 continues to evolve and the District will continue to monitor and follow mandates set forth by local and state health officials. There is potential for the suspension of activities, classes, programs, and indoor/outdoor rentals to extend beyond April 30. To stay up to date on District closures we ask that you revisit this page and/or follow us on social media.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in helping the District limit the spread of COVID-19 throughout the community.
Updated 3/27/2020 at 12:00pm
PROGRAM REFUND/TRANSFER REQUESTS
To submit an online refund/transfer request, please click here.