Information -- accurate and up-to-date -- is one of the biggest tools we have to help us manage times of change and find solutions to problems. The more you know, the better you can adapt! Here is a list of resources for you to learn what’s going on and how it may affect you.
BE IN THE KNOW
- San Juan Unified School District COVID-19 Management – Vital information for students and families
- California Department of Public Health – The CDPH’s latest COVID-19 response
- Sacramento County Department of Health Services – How our county is being affected
- Fair Oaks Recreation & Park District – Check on the status of our programs and events
- Center for Disease Control – What you need to know about COVID-19 and guidelines for how to stop the spread
IN THE COMMUNITY
- Fair Oaks/Orangevale Food Bank
- Sacramento Public Library – closure information and online books and classes
Shopping Hours for Older Adults
The following stores are offering special hours or arrangements to assist our older adults in getting groceries safely.
- Raley’s/Nob Hill: Raley’s/Nob Hill will not be adjusting hours, but is creating discounted grocery bags, or Senior Essentials Bags, available for curbside or in-store pickup. Read more about Raley’s grocery bag offers and efforts to serve seniors here.
- Safeway: Currently open from 9a-10p Also, Safeway is setting aside the hours of 7-9 a.m. every Tuesday and Thursdays for elderly and at-risk shoppers.
- Target: All stores at 9 p.m. and reserves the first shopping hour of every Wednesday for elderly and at-risk customers.
- Trader Joe’s: All Trader Joe’s stores will be open from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. until further notice.