Rachel Anne Gray Scholarship
The Scholarship was established in honor of Rachel Anne Gray who passed away September 2nd, 2012 at the age of 21. Rachel was a resident of Fair Oaks and a member of the Fair Oaks Youth Advisory Board (FOYAB) from 2006 through 2008. Rachel graduated from Bella Vista High School (Fair Oaks) in 2008 and received her degree in International Business from California State University, Sacramento. Rachel was a valued member of the Fair Oaks community, who made a huge impact on young leaders, the community and the Fair Oaks Recreation and Park District staff. Rachel enjoyed being outside, working with the community, and living life to its fullest each day.
Three awards in the amounts of $1,500, $1,000, $500 are given annually to deserving high school Seniors only. The Fair Oaks Recreation & Park District (FORPD) and FOYAB are proud to host this scholarship program to acknowledge young people who are committed to community and school service and who seek positive solutions to critical problems and issues today’s young people face.
Please submit your application materials by Friday, February 16, 2024 at 5PM via the submission form below.
- Friday, 2/16/24 - Application materials due by 5:00pm.
- Thursday, 2/22/24 - Applicants selected for interviews & speech presentations.
- Friday, 2/23/24 - Applicants are contacted to schedule interviews & speech presentations.
- Wednesday, 3/6/24* - Interviews & speech presentations.
- *Please note: interviews will only be held on Wednesday afternoon, 3/6/24. Interviews will be held in-person.
- Monday, 3/11/24 - Scholarship winners selected and notified.
- Wednesday, 3/20/24- Scholarship winners will be presented with awards & checks in-person at the March FORPD Board of Directors Meeting. Meeting begins at 6PM.
- Attendance to this meeting is highly encouraged if awarded, as it is a way for the District to recognize your efforts in person, bring your family, etc.
- Must be one or more of the following:
- Resident of Fair Oaks (95628 zip code)
- Current Fair Oaks Youth Advisory Board (FOYAB) member
- Attend a High School in Fair Oaks (Bella Vista or Del Campo)
- Must be a current Senior in High School
- Must have a 3.0 GPA cumulative or higher
Submit the application via the form below, or click here to view the form in a new window.